Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Preparation Part Duex

So minor miscalculation. All the meat I bought, it's about half as much as I need for the diet. But still. I mean I'm probably going to spend $100 on groceries for myself in the whole month. You can't beat that. Also.

The things I learned today while mass cooking meat to be frozen:
1. 3.5oz of raw chicken weighs -just- about the same when it is cooked
2. 3.5oz of raw sirloin weighs nothing close to 3.5oz when it's cooked. It goes down to about 2oz.
3. Talapia reminds me of how the zoo smells.

So if you are reading this and thinking about doing the hcg diet as well, know that when you make your food, you are supposed to weigh out 3.5oz of meat, then cook it. I've been cooking it, then weighing it, because I'm lazy and that's faster. If you're going to mass cook it like I did, make sure that you do at least once weigh out 3.5oz, cook it, then reweigh it, so you know that your portions are correct.

Important note: fat is bad. Make sure you remove as much fat as you can from the meat before cooking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment